Monday, March 1, 2010

Tip Toeing Back Into the Working World..

**As explained in my blog last week I have not been a part of the working world for a little over five years. When I commenced my degree 10 years ago I had planned on being a full time teacher, however, at this point in my life with a different set of circumstances I am going to embark on casual or relief teaching. I still feel like this will give me the best of both worlds; the ability to work and earn some extra money teamed with the freedom and knowledge of being here for the kids**
**Last night I sat down with the arduous task of updating my resume and creating a one page summary to hand in at prospective schools. I used to find these tasks relatively easy, almost like second nature, however, last night after a 5 year absence I found the task quite difficult and foreign. After 3 hours, however, I had created both a resume and one page summary that I was proud of, complete with a pretty red title!**
**This morning I found myself preparing for the working world - getting dressed up, putting on makeup and racing around like a mad woman preparing the kids for school. By the time I reached my interview at 9am I was exhausted and spared a thought for all of those amazing women who do this every day!! I walked away from the interview confident that I had made a good impression and happy that I had taken the first step back into the working world**
~*Daily Note to Self*~ Dont leave tasks til the last minute (or the night before!) Get organised and make a list, cross off that list and reward yourself for making progress.
Honorouble mention of the day: I would like to thank my Son and Stepchildren this morning for supporting me and being proud that I was going for a job interview. I thought it was so cute when they all wished me 'Good Luck' and it made me more confident that I was doing a good thing for us all.



No comments:

Post a Comment