Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Happily Married, 5 Months Today!

Today the 10th, marks my five month wedding anniversary.. Five months since I made a special comittment to my best friend, the man who takes the time each day to make me feel loved, well looked after and secure - the person who stands by me and supports all of my choices (no matter how crazy!) and most of all the man whom I love!
I adored our wedding day, it was uniquely us, it had all of the elements that I had hoped for and there wasn't one 'hiccup' the entire day. The day came and went so quickly, however, so each month on the 10th I am going to 'revisit' my wedding - the planning, the people, the before's, the ceremony, the reception and the afterwards.. because it truly was a day worth remembering and a day worth celebrating.. a day that was special for us and our children.

Today I will revisit my proposal, a proposal that was 'foiled' several times by my unwillingness to cooperate and ruin 'surprises'. My ring was delivered via a peice of 'Ebony & Ivory' cake at 11pm on the 27th April 2009 after Damian tired of waiting for the 'right' moment.. He engineered and created the right moment, despite my protests that I didnt want to eat desert at 11pm at night (he wasn't going to let me destroy another attempt!) The ring, all sparkly sat atop the cake and I was told I could have the desert on one condition.. "If I would do him the honour of becoming his Wife.." Of course, I had to accept, I wanted the cake.. what could I do? LOL.. no seriously, it was very heartfelt and genuine and after accepting he put the beautiful ring onto my finger and it fit perfectly.. he has great taste.. if I do say so myself.. We started planning our beautiful wedding almost straight away, the sooner the better.. why wait? Six months later we were Mr & Mrs.

Five months on we are still very much Mr and Mrs.. loving married life.. next month, I will write a little of our planning and how we ended up getting our dream wedding for under $5000!
~*Daily Note to Self*~ Start the Wii fit in the morning! No excuses.. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment