Sunday, March 7, 2010

I think there is a reason why we open the card first..

To me the 'card' is the real present because ever since I can remember I have kept cards that I am given for birthdays, Christmas's etc and store them in a dry mount album. I think this started shortly after my 10th Birthday when my Nan gave me a gorgeous red card with balloons on the front, it had gold edging and a 3D design - very special. But what made it even more special was the writing inside it, Nan's writing; she passed away later that year, but the card was something I could look back on always. Ever since then I started to collect my cards and I have also done the same for my children. I updated my Son's album tonight with his fifth birthday cards and looked back on all of his other cards, they are all so beautiful. His album contains; baby shower, birth, christening, 1st Christmas, 1st Birthday, 1st Easter, subsequent Easter and Christmas cards, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Birthdays. I have popped them in with adhesive squares and decorated the pages with scrapbooking embellishments. I have come to the end of this album, so will purchase another to continue collecting his cards, I'm sure it will be a real keepsake and something he will love to look over in the years to come long after the presents have been outgrown, worn out or donated..

The other day I was fortunate enough to pick up these cute Dr Suess Primary School albums for $10 each! I got them for my two youngest to document and record some of their school experiences, it even has a spot to keep their report cards, certificates and photographs of the year. I sat down with Indigo tonight and we filled in his 'Prep' information he had so much fun and called it his 'scrapbooking time'.

~*Daily Note to Self*~

Slow cookers are your friend! How yummy was the Silverside Roast tonight?! Endeavour to use it more..




No comments:

Post a Comment