Sunday, February 28, 2010

Healthy Habits..

**I have always had a long standing relationship with Coca-Cola the soft-drink (Coke just doesn't sound right there!) Ever since I was a child it was my drink of choice and all throughout Highschool and my working life, 600ml Buddy's were my 'buddy's'! I never drink coffee and have only the occasional alcoholic drink per year so the sickly black liquid soon became a beverage staple for me. I ditched 'Coca-Cola' back in 2004/2005 whilst pregnant with my Son (I couldn't stand the taste) but by the end of the 9 months it was the first thing I asked for after his delivery! I had a short lived fling with Pepsi Max in the lead up to my wedding in 2009 but soon saw the error of my ways and switched to Coke Zero, when the Honeymoon was over, I was back to my old faithful. After consuming 1.5 litres daily it was time to admit to myself.. " Hi Everyone, my name is Danielle and I'm a 'Coke-a-holic'" I realised it had to come to an end. My sugary obsession was making me pile on the kilo's and gave me a headache every time I stopped drinking it for more than a day!** **I am pleased to say it has now been two weeks and I have officially kicked my unhealthy beverage habit! Hooray! How do I know I'm cured? The first week I found it an arduous task to bypass the appealing red label and saw Coke everywhere! In the petrol stations, restaurant and on TV I remained strong, however and resisted temptation! Friday I went grocery shopping and this time didn't even give the bottles a sideways glance! Hip Hip Hooray! So the first step towards a healthier me.. complete! Now lets hope I don't fall off the wagon so to speak!** **I have also started up a food journal that I printed off the Project Girl website, a great tool for popping onto the fridge and noting down all of the foodstuffs you consume during the day. I was quite surprised by this weeks consumption and a little horrified at times! I will be putting this up on my Blog at the end of every week so I can continue to alter my eating habits to reflect a better lifestyle. This week I aim to eat more, but of the good stuff only! I am also trying to achieve 8 glasses of water a day, so hopefully I can reach that milestone this week also! Wish me luck!!!**

The template gives you room to write down your breakfast/snack/lunch/snack/dinner/snack and then a section to circle up to 8 glasses of water daily! I modified my last snack box to include the tablets I take daily, so I could tick them off (I'm always forgetting otherwise!)

No comments:

Post a Comment