Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Career Calling..

My teacher registration number showed up today.. a licence if you will to 'drive' the minds of a classroom full of children. I had a series of mixed emotions upon opening the envelope, particularly butterflies in my stomache! I think it was a mix of excitement and fear.. Excitement because after 10 years of pottering around with a degree (that has probably cost me more to attain than I will ever earn..) I have finally achieved the end result! And fear because I haven't worked in a little over 5 years so the prospect of returning to the work force and all it entails is a little petrifying!! Not to mention horror flashbacks of how relief teachers were treated back in my day! So yes now comes the fun part trying to find resources and ideas to keep the children educated, amused, enthralled and enticed for 6 hours.. and then ill hand them back to their classroom teacher ;-)
~* Daily Note to Self: Smile tomorrow when the Delivery Men deliver your dining table, even though they are delivering it 2 weeks late, no sense in getting mad, wont make it get here any faster!*~

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and have read a few of your back posts. Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! for persevering with your degree. It's not easy with a family. And now you are working at relief teaching- well done. That is what I do too. I enjoy relief teaching- I used to work full time but like the 'handing them back' bit too! I also live in Australia. In Brisbane. Good luck with your work and enjoy the hols.
    Donna from Brissie

    ReplyDelete