Friday, February 26, 2010

My Weekend Whereabouts..

**Weekends to me are seen as days for small luxuries.. a little sleep in (children willing), something other than muesli for breakfast, getting to spend time with the kids that isn't constrained by routines or appointments, catching a movie and winding down from the busy week that was. This weekend was no exception (minus the sleep-ins! and the basketload of ironing I did tonight!)**
**Soccer was the highlight of my Saturday, I really do enjoy getting out onto the soccer field and participating in Grasshopper Soccer with the boys, we all have such a fun time. I think it is a wonderful concept that the parents join in with the younger children and become the 'Big Grasshopper', the children thoroughly enjoy it and in this day and age, where some parents work and life is so busy, it is a special time to spend with your child**
**Today was spent checking out the local markets, buying fresh meat, eggs and produce from local farmers. Nothing quite like fresh fruit and vegies, organic free range eggs and a Sunday roast! The remainder of the day was spent at IKEA, spoilt for choice we got a fantastic new red rug (amongst other purchases) which really brightened up the rainy day and has finished off our loungeroom perfectly! **
*~Daily Note to Self~* Keep in touch with relatives, time goes by so quickly, it is essential you stay in touch with your loved ones - I know myself, just a quick call can make my day~*

Above Pics: Small luxuries.. Chocolate jewel pancakes, my gorgeous red rug and some of the things I bought from IKEA to assist me with my Kitchen Organisation Challenge! 2 Weeks to go to an organised kitchen.





No comments:

Post a Comment