Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It's Raining It's Pouring!

Its raining its pouring..
Its been raining pretty much every day since we got back from our holiday on Stradbroke Island. Not that im complaining, although it has made the school holidays quite difficult being cooped up indoors all day long. But the rain is doing wonders for the grass, gardens and beautiful spring flowers that I planted earlier this month. I wandered down to my washing line this morning to take advantage of a patch of 'fine weather' and admired the freshness of everything. A much better view than a few months ago when everything was dry, crispy and brown..

At night I fall asleep to the sound of the rain on the roof and it is so calming and soothing.. Im sure tomorrow when 2 of my friends bring their kids around for morning tea, it wont be so soothing with 5 children under 7 running about! As a relief teacher I tend to stay at home and decline work on rainy days, I quite enjoy my lunchbreaks without 30 children joining me in the classroom for it! :) It can't all be positives when it comes to the rain now can it?
Today I took a trip to my Mums place, its only a 45 minute drive away but once you get there you feel like you are on another planet. The country air, no traffic just beautiful mountain veiws and fresh air. Iv posted previously about my Mum's fantastic fresh veggie garden and today did not dissapoint. My Son happily picked cherry tomatoes by the dozen and ate fresh strawberries off of the plant. I also came home laden with spinach, eggplant and fresh herbs.. yum. I still must get around to planting my own veggie/herb garden.. another one of those things on my very long 'to-do list' that doesn't seem to be getting any shorter as the year wears on.
Lately I love taking out my camera and photographing nature.. usually done so on my iphone so the picture quality is not fantastic, but I don't mind.. it makes me smile.. :) And on that note, im off to bed.


Daily note to self: Go to bed BEFORE midnight in future!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment