Monday, September 20, 2010

Been Awhile.. Room for thought..

Seems like forever since I last posted.. its been rather busy around here with painting and reorganising our home.. we are part way through with all of the bedrooms now complete. The next room we are going to tackle is our new 'spare room' its so exciting to have a spare room again! Makes me wonder what we will end up using it for... We want the room to take some of the pressure off the rest of the house so ideally it will house another TV for the kids to watch at times & play their Wii on. Also hopeful for a sofa bed that guests can use.. Space for a computer nook/scrapbooking table would be nice and the very full bookcase needs to find a home in that room also. So many things for such a little space, but I think im confident in pulling it off..
Finding a home for all of our excess items has also been fun. As a past 'hoarder' I wanted the 'new rooms' to be free of clutter & items that weren't being used to their full potential. I figured there is no point in having a vase on a cupboard if that vase if covered in dust.. or a picture frame that falls over etc.. I figure no matter if iv donated to friends, freecycle or ebay - the people who have recieved my old items will be able to give them a better home and will treasure them. And at the end of the day, it is nice to breathe easy & walk into a room that is simply us.
Red will be a feature colour of my 'spare room'.. love red.. it is sooo inspiring & is hands down my favourite colour - no one can be bored or unhappy in a red room!
Im hopeful this room will give me a little space of my/our own that we will eventually evolve into a room where we can add another little member to our family.. but in the meantime Im happy to call it our 'spare room' because when the time is right, we'll once again be left with no spare rooms.. but I guess I wouldn't be unhappy about that either :)
*~Daily Note to Self~*
Tidy, quickly.. procrastinate little & get this room ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment